Sunday, April 27, 2008

drivin


Good day, citizens! As Pierre Robert would say! Today I decided to get out of the house for a nice drive, even though today was the coldest day in a while. So I went out in the early evening with my camera and just drove around. I stumbled upon a horse farm, with four horses roaming around. It's so nice for me to see horses, especially because around here you don't see a lot of farms. That's one of the big things that I miss about living in Edinboro - the abundance of farms and country life. Horses, cows, alpacas... it's nice to feel close with nature.

Anyway, so I pulled over and walked over to the fence and started snapping away. After a few minutes this huge brown horse came trotting over to me and let me pet him on the nose! (and I was only a little bit afraid, but mostly happy because he loved me.) I just felt bad because I had no apples or carrots to give him. If/when I go back, I'll be more prepared. And hopefully it will be a nicer day with a blue sky. :) So I visited with him for a while and got some nice shots. Jumped back in my car and a few feet later I saw some deer in a field, so I rolled down the window to get a shot or two of them. Hooray for nature!

Also, in the music world, I have recently discovered the vocal talents of Regina Spektor. If you have never heard of her, I highly suggest a listen. There is nothing better than great vocals and great piano playing. Big <3.

No comments: