Sunday, January 20, 2008

FIrst entry

Hi all. So happy first entry to me. I hope that my ADD doesn't kick in too soon and I can actually keep this for a while. And this was a good weekend for being crafty since the high today here in Philly is about 20 degrees, with a wind chill even colder, so there's no way I would venture outside.

Anyway, I just had to show off my first crocheted purse. I made the entire thing this weekend, except sewing in the liner, due to the fact the the pattern is super easy. It makes me think of spring, and that's always nice in January. I used the pattern "In Bloom" from Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet, The Happy Hooker. Except I didn't have a flower loom and certainly wasn't going to wasted the money/time to go try to buy one, so I just improvised and used my fingers as a loom. I think it turned out great. Also, for the lining, I used an old blouse that I don't wear anymore. Recycling, woo!



1 comment:

futuregirl said...

This is a totally cute purse. It's the first pattern I used to make a handbag, too. AND, I used one of my husband's old shirts to line it. How funny is that?! I love your finger-loomed flowers. They are super cute. Great job!