Wednesday, January 23, 2008

MOO


One of the things that I am most passionate about in life is photography. I love everything about it and over the last year and a half i've had a great time getting to know my Nikon D50. It's my first digital SLR and I absolutely adore it. And I'm always looking for new ways to display photos that I think turned out well, so when I found out about little MOO cards from a friend (), I jumped at the chance to place an order. They are like these little rectangular photo/business cards, where one side is a photo and on the other side, you can basically write anything you want. I've been putting my contact info on the backs of mine, with my photography website (www.pbase.com/lenzphotography), and they are just a really fun way of getting your name out there without the 'corporateness' of regular business cards. But since I always have lots (you can get a box of 100 different cards for $20), I decided to use some of the extras as a frame around my magnetic wall. I painted this part of the chimney wall in my office at home with magnetic paint back in the summer, but it looked unfinished. I couldn't figure out what to use as a border until I found these little magnetic nametag holders. Turns out, they are just about the same size as the moo cards, just a little bit longer. So I slid the cards in, cut off the acess plastic, and arranged them in random order around the magnet board. I think it really completes the wall. Oh, and I'd recommend the magnet paint to anyone, it's great! and, you can buy chalkboard paint to put over it, and voila! Instant happiness.

Also photography related, last night I crocheted a cover for my camera strap, because the black and yellow Nikon one is too boring. It was easy and worked up really quickly, so I was able to finish it in a few hours. It just slides on and off, so I bet I'll be making more! Plus, it uses such little yarn that it's a nice way to use up random leftovers too. :)

No comments: