Monday, January 21, 2008

Miwa the ninja kiwi

Happy Monday! Today I managed to finish the purse lining from yesterday. I'm actually really proud of this. It's the first purse I've made that I'm not at all afraid to take out in public. :-D Today I discovered www.craftzine.com, which is absolutely fantastic. It holds pretty much anything crafty that you could possibly dream up and more. Check it out!

Also, I felt like posting some older things that also give me great happiness. The first are these great curtain holders that I made over the summer with craft wide and glass beads. I used size 17 needles and it's actually not as hard as you would think to knit with wire. As long as you pick a very pliable wire, and have some patience with it, it's not hard at all. Also, it's a great way to use extra random beads that you can't use anywhere else.




Besides those, I have also recently crocheted a kiwi bird. The kiwi is one of the main reasons why I started to crochet, so I'm happy that he turned out nicely. He's crocheted with a G Hook using Red Heart Simply Soft yarn. His belly turned out a little higher than the pattern said, but I like him anyway. And I didn't plan this, but I think he looks like a ninja kiwi, so I've named him Miwa. Don't eff with him man, he'll kick your ass.

1 comment:

Tiffany Jill said...

I absolutly love those curtian holders, I think you shoul make me some, ha ha, no really you could make some big bucks doing that.