Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cookies!

I know, two posts in one day!

To round out a great weekend, I decided to bake some milk choclate/white chocolate swirl cookies! And they are fantastic! I haven't made cookies in a while, so these are a nice treat, especially since the weather is cold, windy, and snowy.

You can't really get much better than these milk chocolate/white chocolate swirl chips by Nestle!

Ready for the oven!

And the finished product. Be jealous. :)

I also made baked applesauce for dinner tonight with steak and fries. There is nothing better than homeade, fresh from the oven applesauce. I And the recipe is super easy! Excellent! (I got the recipe from www.allrecipes.com, but here it is for you all.

Baked Applesauce

-4 tart apples, cored, sliced, and peeled.
-1/4 cup granulated sugar
-1 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease a 9x13 glass baking dish. Spread the apple slices in the dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Cover, and bake for 40-45 minutes or until apples are soft. Remove from oven, uncover, and smash apples with a fork. Serve warm.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I heart your blog. :)