Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Tim!



Yesterday was my husband's birthday! I made him a huge breakfast yesterday morning of french toast, bacon, sausage, and *coffee cake!* The coffee cake is just fantastic, so I will post the recipe here soon. :) Then we went out to dinner at Longhorn and ate great steaks, came home, and he opened gifts and we had cake. Yum! This years birthday cake was German Chocolate, and was excellent (but not from scratch.) And ice cream that I forget the name of now. :)



So, it was a very nice happy day, which was what we needed.

And, in crafting news, I have decided to go balls out and make a quilt! I've never attempted anything like this before with the sewing machine, so I'm really hoping everything turns out. But the pattern I'm using is a simple mock log cabin, so the geometry isn't that hard. And I already have about 25 squares done! I bought some fantastic spring/gardeny fabric, and I think it's just wonderful together. I hope that by the time spring/summer rolls around, I'll actually have it done! I don't know that I'm getting any better with the sewing machine, but I tell ya, I've got that seam ripper thing down. haha! I'll post updates about it often, so wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The owscream is Tin Roof Sundae! And is scrumplicious.