Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Soggy

hello again from rainy, cold, miserable Eagleville. Just a quick update to tell you about my day.

Got to work, found out the that *entire* building is flooded. Apparently, the roof has major leaks and the drain pipes burst. awesome! So, I go to be cube to find three giant garbage cans on the desks to catch the water and ceiling tiles that continue to fall. All of the carpet is completely soaked, and some offices have (literally) waterfalls coming down from the ceiling. So, I try to salvage as much of my stuff as I can. (Unfotunately, I had several origami things pinned up from my origami-a-day calendar last year, and they are all ruined. i'm crushed.) The computer is probably lost forever, along with several other people's computers and my friends laptop. Thankfully for us, it's the company that will be paying for that.

Now, keep in mind, that we are on the first floor of a two story building. That means that the water damage on the second floor is much worse. And the leaking roof water had to travel its way past one whole floor to even get to us. Ok. So I go upstairs to survey the damage. It's baaaad. Carpets are buckled, chairs are soaked, ceilings are on the floor.

So most of the building has been evactuated, and we're currently setting up shop in a tiny building elsewhere. It's smelly, and cramped, and cold, and spider-y. All in all, a great place to care for patients! (I work at a substance about rehab.) And that'll be home away from home for the next month, at least. I'm so happy.

Also, I came home today to find out that there is water in our basement *again!* Even after we sealed everything last year. Luckily it's not nearly as bad as it was last year, but after 8 hours of walking through the rain carying boxes, and trying to salvage as much of my work stuff as possible, water in the basement was the last thing I needed when I came home tonight. ::sigh:: Here's to hoping things dry out soon!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That sounds like the most awesome thing...ever! I am sorry your work is flooded, and even more sorry that you did not happen to have your camera to record said desk waterfall. (How often does that happen, you know?)